Mushroom and Goat Risotto
ireallylikefood offers this recipe formerly made with lamb, now using goat instead.
1 tbl of butter
1 tbl of olive oil
1 small onion, minced
2 cloves of garlic, minced
1 tbl of fresh rosemary
1 tbl of fresh parsley
¾ cup of Arborio rice
3 cups of vegetable stock
2 cups of cooked goat, shredded
1 cup of cooked oyster mushrooms
Salt and Pepper to taste
- In a saucepan over high heat, bring vegetable stock to a boil. Once boiling, turn heat down to a simmer.
- Meanwhile, in a medium heavy saucepan over medium heat, sauté oil and butter. When thoroughly heated, add onion and garlic.
- Once the onion and garlic are translucent, about 5 minutes, add the herbs and rice and cook until rice is opaque, about 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add 1 cup of the stock and stir in until completely absorbed. Add another cup and follow same instruction. At this point, you should still have one cup of stock, which should remain simmering on stove top.
- Add mushrooms and goat to rice. When completely stirred in and combined, pour additional stock and simmer. Allow stock to absorb into rice. The risotto should look creamy but the rice should not be mushy.
- Add salt and pepper and enjoy!